What is Canadian Experience Class program?
Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program is a skill category worker program for the foreign national who wants to carry on their work in Canada for full time. The CEC program is a permanent residency program for the workers who are currently working in Canada on a temporary work visa. This program benefits those who have studied in Canada for two or more years and had spent significant time as a worker in their relevant field. It recognizes their contribution to the Canadian economy and creating strong links with the society. The candidates for CEC program are selected through the Express Entry System, similar to the other PR programs.
Requirements for CEC program:
As an international student:
For an international student, CEC is a fast track program to settle permanently in Canada. For this purpose the candidate must have;
- An equivalent degree/diploma in a relevant field as per the requirement of CEC program.
- He/she should have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) certificate from an approved Agency, representing that that the education obtained is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian University.
- He/she must have cleared an approved language test approved by Canada (IELTS)
As a skilled worker:
To be eligible for the CEC program, a candidate must have;
- At least one year of work experience in relevant field.
- Must be working as a temporary worker on Canada work permit oN TRV.
- Can financially support him/herself for a long term.
- Applicant must also have cleared an approved English language test based on his skills of:
- Applicant must even have an occupation nominated from the National Occupational Classification. This involves occupations as:
- Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
- Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
Experience in any of the skill level occupations must be:
- 12 months of full-time work
- 30 hours/week for 12 months
or an equivalent amount of part-time work in hours, such as:
- 15 hours/week for 24 months
- 30 hours/week for one year in one job or more than one job
However, work experience gained in Canada without any valid work authorization will not be considered on the application. Also, if the candidate was enrolled in any paid or non-paid activity while he or she was studying full-time in Canada will not be counted.
In a nutshell, the Canadian Experience Class is an ideal program for candidates who have become acquainted with Canadian lifestyle and want to make it a permanent home. For qualifying candidates, it is an expedient and secure option for obtaining permanent residence, with objective criteria. Moreover, the application can be made from within Canada, while the candidate has appropriate temporary status.
Nevertheless, it allows a seamless transition from temporary to permanent status in Canada.