Singapore is mainly a formation of 63 Island Nations . Its also called as ‘LANDS OF THE LIONS’. The mainland Singapore is densely populated area in Asia.
Education system in Singapore
UNIVERSITIES: There are six autonomous universities in Singapore. They are
- Nanyang Technological University,
- Singapore Management University,
- National University of Singapore,
- Singapore University of Social Sciences.
- Singapore Institute of Technology and
- Singapore University of Technology & Design
Institute of Technical Education (ITE): This course provides technical studies in Media, Electronic, Business and Sciences. Students who study in ITE can improve their knowledge and technical formats for further jobs in various industries.
POLYTECNICS: There are five polytechnics in Singapore, they are:
- Republic Polytechnic,
- Nanyang Polytechnic,
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic,
- Singapore Polytechnic and
- Temasek Polytechnic.
Why study in Singapore?
Singapore is extremely popular place to study in courses like Animation, Cooking, Gaming’s and Designing’s. International students mainly choose Singapore for their post-graduation courses as Singapore government gives Scholarships for students with “Work in Singapore” facility after the completion of your course. For Indians too Singapore has become a big destination for their higher studies.
Here are some reasons why many students across the world choose Singapore for higher education.
- Fees and Living expenses are less compared to other places in the world.
- Scholarships options are many.
- There are strict rules regarding Crimes , Drugs etc.
- Singapore is considered to be one of the best airports in the world and you can connect to any country.
- If you score good results in respective years then there are some chances that you can get a job in Singapore.
- Singapore is slowly becoming a second home to many Indians and Sri Lankans.
Cost of studying in Singapore
The tuition fees can vary from SGD 2500 ($2000) to SGD 13000 ($10,000) which is less expensive than other countries and also Singapore gives financial expenses too.
With living and staying expenses overall the budget can be approx SGD 14500 ($11,000) to SGD 25,000 ($19,000) which is affordable.
Benefits of Studying in Singapore
The Visa process for Singapore is very simple and easy with less cost compared to other nearby countries, and also its becoming a quick study destination for Indians. It has one of the World’s best infrastructure for Universities with Top class Technologies in lesser cost. Due to Singapore’s goof education quality many companies hire Graduates instantly and who knows you can also be one of those candidates to get hired by top companies.